Building upon the basic skills learned in level 1, this course introduces the student to a series of advanced tools, some of which are new to this version of the software. Starting with the brush tool and symbol palette we learn how to give our artwork a more natural appeal. Combining methods of opacity, blending and the powerful gradient tool, we create more realism in our artwork. We also spend sometime intergrating other adobe software files formats such as Photoshop and learn how to prepare our graphics for print vs. the web.
Course learning outcomes / competencies
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate use of gradients and gradient meshes.
- Describe how to use transparency, opacity settings and blending modes.
- Introduce offset path options.
- Demonstrate use of the symbolism tools.
- Describe how to use the mesh tools.
- Apply colors to a mesh object.
- Demonstrate how to set area type.
- Explain how to set type on a path.
- Explain how to work with text with warped characters.
- Export a layered file into Photoshop.
- Place an Adobe Photoshop file.
- Create type masks.
- Wrap type around a graphic.
- Create smooth colored blends.