This course covers a range of advanced Photoshop techniques that teaches students to create and produce high quality digital images for web or print. Students will learn how to look at color models, measure RGB and CMYK color, adjust midtones, shadows and highlights and perform precise color corrections; Students will also practice adjusting color and tonal balance of images and retouching. Students will learn how to create composite images using layers options and ‘smart objects’, as well as simple animation that can be outputted for web or video. Photoshop’s automated functions, batch processing and actions scripts, and Camera raw are covered in this course as well.
Course learning outcomes / competencies
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate use of alpha channels.
- Demonstrate use of layer masks.
- Create a clipping group.
- Create and manipulate adjustment layers.
- Create and edit smart objects.
- Employ Levels and Curves to modify contrast and color.
- Employ advanced photo-retouching techniques.
- Employ Color modes.
- Create and edit actions using the Actions panel.
- Animate images using the Animation panel.
- Prepare images for web and print.