This course covers the preparation of print files using InDesign’s advanced features. The course will be centered around creating documents for professional printing and publication. Students will be able to develop and produce high quality multiple page layouts incorporating a variety of InDesign’s array of tools.
Course learning outcomes / competencies
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Use advanced character, paragraph and nested styles to automate formatting across multiple pages.
- Create tabular composition.
- Create text wraps with offsets for wrapping text around objects.
- Create tables with alternating screen tints and varying line weights.
- Create object styles to automate graphics across multiple pages.
- Review pre-flight and package features for print production.
- Create multiple master pages with automatic page numbering and varying columns.
- Use the page tool to create alternating page sizes within the same file.
- Access glyph characters to add unique design elements to a file.
Apply the principles of page imposition using the InDesign print booklet feature.