Roland’s expertise is in Typography and I was very fortunate to learn a good foundation to build on.
Adobe InDesign is a state-of-the-art design and page layout program which has a comprehensive set of production tools available for publishing professionals to use. The course teaches comprehensive typographical and composition tools which offer unprecedented precision for styling text. InDesign integrates tightly with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop and maintains complete control with layers.
Course learning outcomes / competencies
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate use of the InDesign workspace and basic manoeuvres.
- Use a zero point setting and reference point to position objects precisely on a page.
- Flow text from column to column using different techniques.
- Assemble and produce technically proficient layouts.
- Set necessary preferences and use different units of measurements.
- Create and store colours in the Swatches panel.
- Create and modify text manually and with paragraph and character styles.
- Create linear and radial gradients and modify their direction.
- Add and delete pages from a multi-page file.
- Import different file formats into an InDesign file.
- Check the links panel for reviewing supporting files.
- Track and kern display and text composition.
- Apply the five InDesign guides.
- Create InDesign libraries for storing different elements of a page.
- Prepare files using the package feature.
- Build technically strong files using the layers panel.
- Apply fills and strokes to objects.