This course begins by examining different toolbox tools, view artwork in different modes, edit artwork, use ruler guides, work with layers, paint objects, apply custom colors and gradient fills and use the pen tool. Draw straight lines and curves, convert points, and use primitives to create basic shapes. Work with type, change type attributes, import text and link text blocks, wrap text around an object, and more.
Course learning outcomes / competencies
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Analyze the Adobe Illustrator work environment including floating panels, pull down menus, preferences and workspaces.
- Use various tools to create vector graphics.
- Create graphic shapes including; rectangles, rounded rectangles, ellipses, polygons and stars.
- Demonstrate use of the shape builder tool to combine shapes.
- Create and store colors into a swatches panel.
- Construct graphics and transform them with different transformation tools including Rotate, Reflect, Scale, Shear and Reshape tools.
- Create linear and radial gradients and apply them to both fills and strokes of graphic objects.
- Construct colored blends and apply them to multiple objects.
- Create gradient meshes and apply subtle highlights and shading techniques to graphics.